Eating Better… Where to begin?
- Enjoy and savor the taste of new foods – choose something new from the produce section the next time you go shopping
- Start with adding more color to your plate
- Fall vegetables are a great place to start – try roasting squash, pumpkin and sweet potatoes – a great source of vitamin A
- Include orange vegetables with a touch of green by adding some chopped spinach or kale – to increase anti-oxidants, vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, niacin, riboflavin and potassium
- Don’t forget the fiber – fruits, vegetables, whole grains and nuts are great snack ideas
- Choose LEAN, low sodium protein source and remember to bake or broil meats
- Don’t forget low fat dairy choices like fat free yogurt and skim milk – mix them with berries or other fruit for a sweet treat!
MOVE MORE…Every Activity Counts!
All it takes is 10 minutes three times a day!
- Try taking 10 minutes in the morning, afternoon and evening to do some form of activity.
- Try some weights….
Involve the Family or Friends in Daily Fitness
- Thirty minutes will fly by if you get to talking while you walk with friends or family!
- Play a game like Wii bowling to get you moving
- Do not forget to DANCE!
Clean with Purpose
- Turn on the music and dance while you work!
- Make doing the dishes fun by adding a new step as you move to put things away
Look for Opportunities to Walk
- Take a walk around your center
- Step in place when brushing your teeth