Reduces your Cancer Risk
Keeps your HEART Healthy
Improves your Blood Pressure
Controls your Diabetes
Improves Oral Health
Remember to do the following
Keep a healthy weight for you:
– Limit foods with added sugars and fats that provide a lot of calories but few nutrients.
– Plan in healthy snacks
– Watch your portion sizes
Eat vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes:
– Fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables
– Make at least half your grains whole grains.
– If you are diabetic, be aware of your carbohydrates and follow a consistent plan.
Protein is Important:
– Choose wisely from a variety of low fat/low sodium meat, poultry or seafood food.
– Do not forget to include legumes, eggs, low fat dairy and nuts.
– If consumed at all, limit alcoholic drinks to no more than one drink daily for women and two for men.
Consume less salt (sodium):
– Read food labels to learn exactly how much sodium is in a product.
– Try to season your food with Herbs & spices!